In 2014 a small team of dedicated engineers Based in Wellington, New Zealand, realised the potential for small unmanned aircraft.
This evolved to the development of remote piloted aircraft (RPAS) or drones. Using 40 years of manufacturing and design experience, they utilised the latest technology and composite materials to create a cost-effective long-range drone – the Scout 15.
Working closely with other early adopters, Kimberley has created a heavy duty, robust commercial drone that is customizable for a range of industries and applications.
Our values are the foundation of Silex UAV’s success and an important part of shaping how we behave and work at Silex UAV.
- Integrity and trust – We will work honestly and fairly, operate professionally and ethically, and take ownership for our actions
- Safety – We are committed to minimising the impact our manufacturing processes have on the environment and are dedicated to best practice safety standards.
- Innovation -We will continually seek improvement and innovative solutions from ourselves and our suppliers, and do what it takes to project how our potential ideas will succeed in the market place;
- Passion – We love what we do and have the passion and drive to meet customer expectations;
- Customer Focus – The Silex UAV team are dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers.
Silex UAV is committed to developing innovative, high quality reliable manned and unmanned aircraft systems. To achieve these outcomes Silex UAV has adopted a rigorous quality programme designed to comply with Part 146 and Part 148 Civil Aviation Rules. Additionally, we have a commitment to continuous improvement based on total quality management principles to assist us in maintaining a systematic approach to continuing service quality.